Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Flower Child, DCFC

Photobucket So I have a button in my hair. Mostly because of star wars. When Anakin Skywalker was younger he had one really long braid behind his ear. Now I know he didn't have a button or even a bead, but he did have multicolored bands and I thought the button was a way to make it a little more myself. When I first put the button in I got so many funky looks from people in school, or people would just stare because they couldn't figure out how to do it. Only the people who knew me asked what the heck was in my hair, and they people who didn't know me would ask the people who knew me.
   When I was first getting use to it I would forget they were in my hair and shake my head super hard and they would hit me in the face or poke me in the eye.
I've always wanted to make a how-to

Photobucket
All you need is a super cute button and a rubberband

Photobucket
Step 1. Find a place on your head that you want the button, get a small piece of hair and braid it until there is about two inches of hair left. (obviously if you want a bigger braid, you take more hair to braid)

Photobucket
Step 2. Wet the end of your hair so it will easier to work with. Thread it through the first hole just like you would a needle and thread. Make sure to pull up to the braid so there isn't any hairs sticking out all over.
Photobucket
Step 3. Twist the part that is sticking out of the button and thread it through the other side. If there is a lot of hairs sticking out and they look all gross just keep pulling, they should straighten out.

Photobucket
Step 4. Rubber band it fool.
Photobucket

Done!
It's super easy but I don't know how many times I've been asked how I did it.
I love the way it looks, even with straight hair.

I guess I looked like a hippie today, because my Government teacher kept calling me a flower child. It made me laugh.

Photobucket
  So I'd have to say that Death Cab for Cutie is definitely my favorite band. Their music is soft and easy. Most of it is slower like the song Lack of Color. It is smooth and low and so easy to listen to, it is the perfect song to lie on the beach and listen to. If you are going to take a nap, it lullabies you to sleep. Other songs have faster beats and make you want to dance like Little Bribes. Whenever I hear that song it makes me want to wiggle. I love all of their songs and they definitely give a variety. Ben Gibbard's voice is so amazing, you never want to stop listening.

So my computer is dying.
Stupid Mac.
>=}(
^angry frowny face with mustache.

I hate when my feet and hands are cold.
-Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment