Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Amazonian

Photobucket
   So you can see that book right? That book that is right in front of my face. It's sort of green and has a picture of Mark Twain on the front. Yeah that is the book The Innocents Abroad. My grandpa got it for me when he found out that I liked to read. It is one of the most boring books on earth. I tried to read it about five times, but it was so bland that I put it on a shelf and let it sit there. Well I didn't want to get rid of it after my grandpa died because I wanted something to remind me of him so I decided to use it for something that will keep it with me more.
Photobucket
So I turned it into a Kindle Holder. =) Great right? And before you say, "So you ruined a book." I'll say "I'll buy the book on my Kindle, and I'll be using the book a whole lot more this way. All I did was cut out a kindle sized rectangle out of some of the pages, Modge Podged (a sort of glue) them together, and sat heavy books on it so the pages would flatten out.
Super easy and I love that you almost can't tell that there is a kindle in it.
Photobucket
Almost.
Too bad I am definitely not patient or anything that resembles it so It's kinda messy and not even. But if you take time on it, it could look really super cool.
I absolutely love my kindle. It's small so I can just put it in my purse, but it's not fragile so I have to worry about it breaking all the time (I'm still super careful with it though) There is only two downsides that I have experienced from it. One, it doesn't show the page number you are on, and two you can't read it in the dark. But that is literally the only things I can find wrong with it. I love reading off of it and it makes getting books sooooo easy. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who likes to read. (p.s. all the classics are free which is a mega bonus)
So I have to go because my grandmother wants me to do the dishes. Yay
Just keep swimming
-Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment